Freitag, 5. Februar 2016

Nicole Boyle Rodtnes Interview ( Original Englisch )


1) Would you be so kind and introduce yourself shortly?
I am a Danish author who live in Copenhagen. I was born in 1985. I started writing books when I was 13 years old and have been writing since. My first book was published in 2010 and today I have published more than 25 books. „Schicksalstanz“ is the first of my books to be translated into German. But this spring one of my realistic novels is also coming out in German. The title is “Wie das Licht von einem erloschenen Stern.”

2) How did you start writing books?
I have a twin sister and as children, I used to tell her stories before bedtime. Then when we turned 13 we got separate bedrooms and I no longer had anyone to tell my stories to, so I started writing them down so I would not forget them.

3) What do you do in your leisure time?
I love to travel, read books, see movies and spend time with my friends.

4) Have you ever been to Germany? If yes: what do you remember the most?
Yes I have been to Germany a couple of times. I love Berlin. I think it is a beautiful and fascinating city.

5) Have you ever thought of being popular worldwide? How does it feel?
It feels wonderful but also surreal. When Schicksalstanz came out I actually went to Germany just to see it in a book store because I couldn’t believe it was actually happening. It was a dream come true. I never imagined I would be so lucky.

6)Are there any special things that inspire you?
Almost everything can inspire me. Sometimes it is something I read, a movie I see, a person I meet. I also get lots of inspiration from my travels. I have recently been to Japan and the Faroe Islands and got lots of new book ideas.

7)What do you do in case of a writer´s block?
The only thing that works for me is to keep writing. So I just keep writing “I don’t know what to write, I don’t know what to write” again and again until an idea pops into my head. Sometimes it helps putting the laptop away and write on paper. Other times it helps talking to my husband or a friend about the story. Because when I talk about it I want to write it.

8) Do you work at different books at the same time or do you only concentrate on one  book?
I usually work on a couple of books at the same time. But at some point I push the other books away and only concentrate on one.

9) What is your favourite book genre? Who is your favourite author?   
I love the fantasy genre. And one of my favorite series is Harry Potter. But I also like writing realistic fiction and think that “The fault in our stars” was amazing.

10) Do you have any suggestions for other authors to become nearly as popular as you are?
I think the most important thing is to always write the stories you like and always do your best. If you love your own book and know that you have done your very best then there is a good chance that someone else will like it too.

11) When was your magic moment being an author?
When I signed my first book contract. I used nine years getting turned down by publishers and taking writing courses before I finally got a book contract. I remember that I cried after I signed because I was just so happy.

12) Do you plan to come to Germany in the next time? Will there be a possibility to meet you here?
Yes. This Spring I am attending the Leipzig book fair, so you can meet me there :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen